Tuesday 2 August 2016

SICBUG The Pie Run

The 3x Musketeers (Neil, Glynn and myself) set off from Hookhams Corner at 7am with the prospect of a couple of very chilly descents and maybe a hot pie and coffee at Glenorie. After a foggy ride down through Berowra Waters the pace stepped up a notch through Arcadia as Neil and Glynn peeled off towards Galston. They missed the turn into Wylds Rd and couldn't hear my shout from 100m behind as they pushed on ahead. A short wait at the corner saw them return after realising I was no longer with them. Pies, bacon and egg rolls and sausage rolls were devoured at Glenorie Bakery before setting off back to Hornsby via Galston. At the bottom of Galston Gorge I heard the rear derailleur cable on my bike snap leaving me without gears for the climb to Hornsby Heights. On closer inspection it was not the cable which had broken but the rear cable guide had snapped off the frame. With no resistance for the outer cable this meant the inner cable was totally slack. With the help of my co-riders I managed to lift the derailleur high enough up the cluster to give me a climbing gear. An eventful ride now followed by a trip to the bike shop. Thanks to my two riding companions for their assistance. Check out my ride on Strava

No comments:

Post a Comment