Sunday 22 July 2012

The 3 Ring Circus

bush camp at the Event Centre Wingello State Forest

Mini Biker and Hula Clown entertain the kiddies

definitely not a bike for these trails

Mike makes some last minute adjustments to his single speed drive train

start of the Matinee

Tu-Tu riders at the start on Sun

me at the start

a very wet and muddy finisher

Ringmaster Huw Kingston makes the prize presentations

Winner of the Open Mens Syd Taberlay (in blue top) time 1hr and 53mins
Mike and I at start of the Night Performance
I was determined to complete this event in view of the fact that I had to return from Wingello at last years 3 Ring Circus as my father passed away on the eve of this race. The event was in two parts - the "Night Performance" (20 km under lights on Sat evening) and the 50km "Matinee" on Sunday. I placed 2nd on Sat. and 12th on Sunday (out of 47 riders in my age group). Very pleased with this ride and the avg speed (18kph+). Very slippery conditions owing to rain on the course in the morning and through the day. I won a new tyre and a bike computer. A well run event which attracted over 400 participants. Garmin Connect links Sat http://connect.garmin.com/activity/201749470 Sun http://connect.garmin.com/activity/201749454
You Tube video links here 3 Ring Circus Night Performance and here 3 Ring Circus Matinee

No comments:

Post a Comment