Saturday 4 July 2015

110 Cols Rest Day 4 Malaucene

Good to have a break from the bike after 5 hard days. The town of Malaucene is a biking “ Mecca” and there are many bike shops selling and hiring bicycles, and shops selling bike clothing and accessories. There were 7 cyclists leaving the group and 9 joining.
Some of the group decided to ride the Mont Ventoux route from Malaucene. After a late rise I wandered into town and enjoyed “Croque Monsieur” (Ham sandwich toasted with melted cheese on top) and coffee for breakfast at one of the many restaurants/bars.
After walking from one bike shop to the other I decided against buying any souvenir jerseys or biking clothing as I have a cupboard full! I needed an extra t-shirt for this trip so I bought one and a cycling cap. Lunch consisted of “Salade Ventoux” which was as big as the mountain!
After walking back to camp for an afternoon nap I did the campsite chores including washing clothes and cleaning the bike. A swim in the pool was appreciated as the temp was in mid 30s. Six of us walked into town late afternoon for dinner. After the meal I took a walk up to the old chateau to take a few photos.
fountain and well Malaucene
bike shops in Malaucene
lunch Malaucene
Ventoux Salade
Malaucene
Blueberry Cafe
Old village Malaucene
crosses and inscription on top of hill above Malaucene

No comments:

Post a Comment